Has anyone else been practicing their bartending skills during self quarantine?! We have definitely upped our cocktail game and would like to share some of our favourite low-sugar cocktail recipes with you! So many of Edmonton’s local nightclubs and restaurants have put together these stellar take home cocktail making kits - what a great way to support our favourite late night spots while we wait out the COVID storm.
In light of this, we’ve partnered with the locally owned Mexican restaurant, El Beso, to bring you the Strawberry Besos at home cocktail kit! This is a very special kit, in that for every kit sold on Thursday May 28th, 10% of the proceeds will be donated to Wings of Providence - a second stage shelter for Women and families in Edmonton who are in need of support due to domestic abuse. You can pre-order for Thursday NOW and join us for some fun on Instagram LIVE the evening of Thursday May 28 to learn how to make cocktails and listen to some good Hip Hop sunshine vibes.
Here’s how you can make the Strawberry Besos and more tasty cocktails at home, plus on Thursday we’ll be releasing a special hip-hop throwback mix to get down and dirty while you mix up some tasty drinks with us on Instagram!!
1. Strawberry Besos - our new favourite summer time drink!
This cocktail is SO delicious. This kit is fully stocked with all of the garnishes and tasty extras to give it so much flavour. This drink is not too sweet and the Strawberry Habanero syrup gives it a tasty spicy kick. Add a splash of Watermelon RedBull to really amp up the refreshment! Highly recommend sipping this outside in the sunshine, make a big pitcher and share it with friends (at a socially acceptable distance of course) ;)
2. Electric Lemon Sour
- 1oz Casamigos Mezcal
- 1oz Agavero (Original or Orange work)
- 1oz Lemon Juice
- 1oz Aquafaba
- Splash of Lemon Lavender bitters (State Motto makes a really great one!)
- Sugar & salt lemon zest rim*
- Garnished with candied lemons*
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Rub some lemon juice on the glass rim and roll in the sugar & salt lemon zest rim
- Put some ice into the rimmed glass, and pour out the shaker and enjoy!
Not sure how to make these fancy garnishes? Leave a comment or DM us on Insta to pre-order!
3. Dark Horse (Mezcal Coffee Cocktail)
Everyone needs a little extra boost from time to time, especially into the wee hours of the morning!
- 1oz Casamigos Mezcal
- 1oz Casamigos Tequila
- 1oz Coffee (chilled or cold brew)
- 0.5 oz Maple Syrup
- Splash of Orange Bitters (Token makes a great one!)
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker or large jar with a lid.
- Shake it up baby!
- Pour over ice into a short cocktail glass
So those are a few of our new favourite cocktail creations! Brought to you by Girls Club mixologists and the shared love of high quality tequila. This will be the first blog in our series of at home cocktail making tips. Up next HOW TO make fancy garnishes and more cocktails from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t miss out on helping us raise funds for Wings of Providence to support Edmontonians who are in need by purchasing the Strawberry Besos cocktail kit before or on Thursday May 28 and join us on Instagram for good tunes, laughs and tips on how to make these cocktails at home! Stay tuned to get the Hip Hop mix to pair with your cocktail making!